Luxion 808 Diode
The Luxion 808 diode is often considered “The Gold Standard” in hair removal due to the fact the 808nm wavelength is the perfect compromise between melanin absorption and depth penetration. It can be used on all skin types, has no consumables, and the chilled tip also makes patient comfort a forefront for continuously happy clientele.
If you prefer to focus on hair removal or want a dedicated hair removal device, this is the device of choice. The Luxion has a small spot size for precise treatment in sensitive areas, yet has a very fast repetition rate for quick treatment on large areas. The touch screen user interface is very user friendly and can be learned in minutes. The innate solid-state design of the diode laser makes for a trouble-free work horse in large volume hair removal centers as well as the busy office. Here are some of the features of the Luxion:
• Effective Hair Removal on all Skin Types.
• Chilled Light Guide for patient comfort.
• Small spot size for sensitive treatment areas.
• High Repetition rate for very fast treatments.
• No Consumables.
• Extremely User-Friendly touch screen.
• Multiple firing modalities(Hand Piece button/foot switch).
During laser hair removal treatment, light passes through the skin and is absorbed by the melanin in the hair shaft. Effective laser hair removal only happens when the melanin in the hair shaft heats up from the laser light and the heat is conducted to the growth cells and root causing thermal damage. This thermal damage destroys the growth cells and impedes future growth.
How Many Treatments do I need?
The hair growth cycle is divided in three phases; Anagen, Catagen, and Telogen. Destruction of the hair follicle by the laser is only accomplished while it is in its Anagen phase. This is the phase when the hair shaft is connected to the root and growth cells. Because the hair on your body can be in any one of the three phases and laser hair removal is only effective in the Anagen phase, multiple treatments are needed. The average number of treatment sessions needed for the patients desired end point is approximately 6, but may be more or less depending on genetics, hair color, hair depth, hormones, and many other factors.
For more information click here to contact us for more detailed specifications.
ERGONOMIC HAND PIECE DESIGN
- Comfortable design allows a full day of use with minimal fatigue.
- Optimal spot size and high repetition rate allow you to treat both small and large areas quickly.
SMART HAND PIECE TECHNOLOGY
- Integrated microprocessor for automatic control of cooling system.
- Unique combination of liquid and semi conductor cooling technology extend product life and patient comfort.
HAND PIECE HOLDER DESIGN
- Strong combination of aluminum alloy and medical ABS plastic design provide optimum support, stability and ease of use.
- The cradle completely encases the hand piece to provide protection as well as user and patient safety.
Fluence 1 – 120 J/cm2
Pulse Width 5ms – 400ms
Frequency 1 – 10 Hz
Spot Size 22mm x 35mm
Dimensions 19″ x 19″ x 42″
Net Weight 88 lbs